Urine infection gl
This urine test identifies bacterial infection by detecting the presence and measuring the level of 2 parameters: Nitrites and Leukocytes.
URINE INFECTION TEST
- This urine test identifies bacterial infection by detecting the presence and measuring the level of 3 parameters: Nitrites, Leukocytes and Protein.
- About 40% of women and 12% of men have a UTI (Urinary Tract Infection) at some time in their life.
- UTI symptoms include: infected bladder (cystitis), pain or burning during urination, urge to urinate frequently and cloudy, bloody or bad smelling urine, nausea, vomiting and fever.
Particularly useful for women as they are exposed to the risk of cystitis and are particularly vulnerable to infections in pregnancy. Also good for monitoring intimate health when travelling, especially in dramatic climate changes, or when engaging in sexual activity with different partners. Most urinary tract infections can be easily cured with antibiotics, but an untreated infection may spread to the kidneys or cause more serious problems such as:
- Recurrent infections, permanent kidney damage from an acute or chronic kidney infection (pyelonephritis), especially in young children.
- Increased risk of women delivering low birth weight or premature infants.
- Non/misdiagnosis of an STD or vaginal yeast infection, with associated complications.