PH Vaginal gl
Healthy vaginal flora with a normal pH is crucial to maintain natural vaginal protection. The pH vaginal test measures the acidity level of the vagina.
PH VAGINAL TEST
- Healthy vaginal flora with a normal pH is crucial to maintain natural
- The pH vaginal test measures the acidity level of the vagina. The normal vaginal pH range is 3.8 - 4.5. Bacterial vaginosis and trichomoniasis often cause it to rise above 5.0 due to a bacterial imbalance in the vagina.
- Other factors that may alter the vaginal microbial ecosystem include excessive intimate care, allergies to products and sexually transmitted diseases.
Regular testing of the vaginal acidity is a very useful way to monitor intimate health and should be performed by any fertile woman, especially after sex with new partners. It is also an effective way for expectant mothers to easily detect disturbances in vaginal acidity, which may lead to pregnancy/birth complications. Most vaginal physiological changes show an abnormally high pH value, so it is a good idea to conduct the test if any of the below symptoms are shown:
- Itching and dryness
- Discharge with fishy odour
- Pain during sexual intercourse and burning sensation